How to mirror a video easily
When we talk about "flipping" footage, we usually mean vertically. This means turning it upside down (though you'll usually flip a movie when it's already upside down and you want it right-side up).
"Mirroring" a video is usually a horizontal reflection. If someone in your clip is walking from the left side of the screen to the right, mirroring it will make them walk from the right to the left. This can be useful for all sorts of reasons; maybe you need to make multiple videos consistent. Or you think the recording would look better if it was mirrored. Maybe you recorded it in a mirror.
Whatever the case, you can solve these problems in just a few seconds. Let's take a look at how to turn a video 180 degrees with Online Video Flipper by Clideo.
Why use this tool?
There are lots of options when it comes to movie editing apps, so why use this one? In short, because it's fast and secure.
Here are a few more details:
- It's extremely easy. There are only three steps required to flip or mirror your video, and you can go through them in seconds.
- There's nothing to download. You don't need to pay for expensive software or take up space on your hard drive.
- We delete your clips after 24 hours. You don't have to worry about files living on someone else's servers.
- You can flip or mirror your recordings from any device. You can use this tool on a Windows PC, a Mac, your tablet, or your phone.
- Online Video Flipper by Clideo works with a wide variety of file types. Whether you recorded your clip on a camcorder, a GoPro, your webcam, or your phone, you can add it in seconds.
- You can edit videos up to 500 MB for free (you can upload even bigger files with subscription).
There's no easier or faster way to flip or mirror footage. Now let's dive in.
How to use Online Video Flipper by Clideo
There are three steps you need to take, whether you want to flip your video vertically or mirror horizontally. Once you've chosen your clip, you're ready to get started.
Upload your file to the program
Click "Choose Files" to pick a clip from your computer. Use your Windows, Mac, Android, or iPhone file explorer to find the movie you want.
The icons below the button let you use a clip from your Google Drive or Dropbox account. You can also add a URL to grab a video from another site.
The software works with many different file types, including MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, and WMV.
Edit your video
Once your file has been uploaded, you'll see two buttons. Click the button on the left to mirror your movie horizontally:
Click the button on the right to flip it vertically:
You can also click both to flip and mirror the video.
Watch, download, and save your video
Click the play button at any time to preview the final result. You'll see what your video looks like after being flipped or mirrored.
Before you download your final clip, you can choose to alter the output settings. Pick from the available options for the file type you'd like to download:
Once you've chosen the correct file type, click "Flip."
You can now click "Download" to save the movie to your computer. You can also click the Google Drive or Dropbox buttons to add the clip to your cloud storage.
If you have a Clideo account, the file will be saved to your account to access it later. The tool will store your recording for 24 hours and then delete it, so you don't need to worry about your clip being on someone else's servers.
Enjoy your video in any orientation
Now you've seen how to flip a movie upside down or mirror it horizontally. Once you've saved it, you can upload it to YouTube, share it on Facebook, or just keep it saved on your device.