Add music to video on iPhone with our new app
You might already know our online Add Music to Video tool that works in any browser. And we are now happy to introduce our new free iPhone app that can help bring your creativity to another level.
With the application, you can add a soundtrack to any video from your Library or iTunes. Additionally, you can record your own sounds or extract audio from another video file. The best thing is that it does not require an internet connection, so you can edit whenever it’s convenient to you or whenever you have a spare minute.
So let’s find out how to add music to an iPhone video.
Choose a video
First, install the add music to video app on your iPhone, if you haven’t yet done it. Then, open it and tap the blue “Plus” icon to add your video clip. You can select the file from your Library or record a new video by hitting the “Camera” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Add an audio file
Then, it’s time to select your new background music. Within the app, you will have several options available. Let’s go through all of them:
To add audio from your Library, tap the “Plus” icon next to the title. If you see the “Download” icon, then you need to download the song from your iCloud library to your device.
Note: Before adding a recording, you can listen to it if it is stored on your device. Just hit the song title and use the “Play” button to see if it is a great fit for your project.
- To upload a new soundtrack from iTunes that you haven’t yet bought, tap the “Buy” button next to the song title and proceed to iTunes to buy it. Note, that you need to be online to see this option.
- To add a record from your phone storage, hit the “Import from Files” tab at the bottom, and then select the audio you need.
- To create your own sound right in the app, tap the “Record audio” tab. Then, touch “Microphone” to start the recording and then “Stop” to finish it. If all is fine, hit the blue “Checkmark” icon. Otherwise, use the red “Replay” icon to try one more time.
- To use a soundtrack from another clip, tap the “Extract from video” tab, and then choose the file you need. The app will automatically extract the audio only.
For the first three options, you can always use the search bar at the top to find the exact song.
Edit your project
When you have both video and audio files added, you can modify them as you need.
To adjust the latter, touch the sound timeline, it will be highlighted in green when selected. You can change the following settings:
- To edit where the music should start, touch and drag the track in the timeline. If the audio duration is shorter than the video file, you will see the “Loop” button with the infinity symbol. Tap it if you want the recording to repeat until the end of the film.
- To upload a new song instead of the current one, on the bottom toolbar, hit the “Replace” button.
- To cut the audio as you need, use the “Trim” button, and then drag the handles to change the duration.
- To adjust how loud the track needs to be, tap the “Volume” button, and then move the slider. Additionally, you can add the “Fade in” and/or “Fade out” effects by selecting the corresponding options above the volume slider.
To edit your video track, touch the video timeline and adjust the following:
- To cut the file length as you need, on the bottom toolbar, tap the “Trim” button, and then drag the handles to modify the duration.
- To adjust the loudness of the video, hit the “Volume” button, and then move the slider.
If you want to watch the result on the full screen, click on the frame sign on the right of the play button.
Export the result
To save the result to your device, tap the “Export” icon in the top right corner of the screen and then hit “Save”.
All the videos that you create in the app are autosaved in the “My Projects” section, where you can find and manage them later.
Click the “Save without watermark” button if you don’t like our small and neat watermark in the corner of the video. You’ll see a screen with two subscription plans, here you can select the one that is appropriate to you and click “Continue” to proceed. It will not only remove the watermark but it will also allow you to edit an unlimited number of videos per day.
It’s important not to lock the screen or switch to other apps during saving because these actions will interrupt the process.
When downloaded, you can share it to Instagram, Facebook or any other social media right from the app by using one of the corresponding buttons at the bottom. Also, you can create a new video by tapping the “Create New Project” button or hit “Back to edit” in the top left corner to return to the current project editing.