What resolution is 2K
If we see the resolution of 1920 x 1080, this means that a video is 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high.
With so many devices, there is no way we have just one resolution for all of them. For example, you can meet the following terms:
- 1080p/Full HD
- Quad HD
- Ultra HD
All of them have different dimensions and the total number of pixels.
2K is a generic term for either displays or video content resolution, which is approximately 2000 dots horizontally. What is 2K resolution in pixels exactly?
Depending on the display or camera used for filming, there could be the following options:
- 2048 x 1080 = 2,211,840 pixels (an official cinema resolution, also known as DCI Native)
- 1998 × 1080 = 2,157,840 pixels (also known as Flat cropped)
- 2048 x 858 = 1,757,184 pixels (also known as CinemaScope cropped)
Films in 2k have a sharper and more detailed picture than 720p or 1080p videos. You can zoom in and still enjoy good quality. Also, it is easier to edit such videos, as they have more pixels. That is why this resolution is widely used in movies.
How to change resolution and aspect ratio
If you need to meet the requirements of some social media and change your video’s resolution, then Clideo has the right tool for this.
You won’t need to register or pay anything if your film is up to 500 MB. Edits can be done easily online, on your computer or mobile device.
- Open your favorite browser and go to the video resizer tool. Use the big blue “Choose file” button to upload the file from your device, cloud storage, or paste a link.
- Select the required social medium and a post type. Alternatively, choose “Custom” to select the aspect ratio, and then type in the desired resolution manually. Adjust the “Crop options” settings, if needed, and then click the “Export” button.
- Lastly, have a look at the result. If all looks perfect, download the file back to your device or save it to Google Drive or Dropbox. You can always try other settings for your movie, just click the “Edit” button to return to the editing screen.